Sunday, November 27, 2011

Learning Resources

I like quotes.  A great one that I find myself going back to fairly regularly is one by Danny Way.  Pretty sure it was the first H-Street video (late 80's i think). 

Something along the lines of:
"Anybody can learn anything they want... 
  Just gotta spend time on it..." 

Great attitude.  Just as true in technology and business as it was for him in skateboarding. 

With that in mind, I wanted to pass along some links to learning resources for people trying to stay on top of the latest developments in Microsoft BI like me. 


Have to say I'm continually amazed by the amount of free content out there on the web for learning data warehousing and BI technologies.  And particularly Microsoft ones.  Obviously the forums and technet and msdn.  But also there are tons of videos freely available from conferences around the world.  TechEd, PASS Summit, SQLBits, the list goes on.  Some of the brightest minds presenting the latest and greatest material on MS BI solutions. 
TechEd
SQL Bits
SQLPASS Event Recordings

I'm a visual person, so seeing it and getting to hear the presentation just makes it that much easier for me to absorb and process the content.  And for a guy like me who doesn't get to travel much these days, this is almost as good as getting to go to the party.  Just download the video, throw it on my phone, and now I've got a classroom with me at all times.  Priceless.  Feeling pretty lucky right about now...

So if you catch me in a meeting, messing with my phone, don't bother me.  I'm probably learning something...


No comments:

Post a Comment